Monday, October 02, 2006

YAY PEE PEE!!!

The other day, I was out with the kids and I needed to go to the bathroom. Let me get my point across, I NEEDED to go to the bathroom. If I am on the road and I have to stop, get both kids out of the car seats, put Mia in a stroller, get Daniel to walk with me quickly anywhere, and then return to the car, back in the car seats, and put the stroller away (all of which is at least a 20 minute process), I carefully weigh if I really need to stop anywhere. So if I decide I need to stop for a bathroom break, there is some real urgency.

So we stop at Burger King and we all get out the the car. I do my best to get inside and get our business done as fast as possible. After we are done, we leave the bathroom and step into the restaurant. Daniel, who has been working on potty training off and on, decides to announce to everyone what we have accomplished. "YAY!!! PEE PEE!!! YAY!!! PEE PEE!!!" He claps his hands in excitement and tells all who want to hear (and even those who don't). I felt my face begin to turn shades as I see everyone in the restaurant smiling at me. I'm just waiting until Daniel begins to say, "Mama pee pee." In the mean time, I'll just let everyone think he is the one accomplishing the monumental task.

No comments: